The Association of Economic Representatives in London (AERL) is an informal association of diplomats and officials of Embassies and High Commissions in London, with direct responsibility for economic, commercial and financial affairs.
AERL Membership is free but by invitation only.
The Association organises up to twelve presentations a year with high- calibre speakers and one social event.
Recent highlights have included:
- Presentation by Ben Brabyn, Head of Level39
- Presentation by Robert Ward, Editorial Director, The Economist Intelligence Unit
- Invitation by Jane Ellison MP, Financial Secretary to the Treasury
- Breakfast Presentation by Ian Stewart, Partner and Chief Economist, Deloitte LLP
- Breakfast Presentation hosted by the City of London's Policy Chairman Mark Boleat and Special Representative to the EU Jeremy Browne
- Breakfast Presentation at the Bank of England - Michael Kumhof, Senior Research Advisor
- Exclusive Breakfast Presentation by David Gauke MP Financial Secretary to the Treasury
- Breakfast Presentation on Cyber and Reputation with Digitalis Reputation
- Breakfast Presentation with the Federation of Small Businesses on the EU Referendum and FSB Members' Views
- Evening reception with Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea, CBE, DL, Founder of Cobra Beer, Chairman of the Cobra Beer Partnership Ltd. and Molson Coors Cobra India
- Visit to the Crystal, a Sustainable Cities Initiative by Siemens - Presentation by Martin Powell, Head of Urban Development Siemens AG
- Visit to TfL’s Streets Traffic Control Centre (LSTCC)
- Visit to Lloyd's Headquarters - Presentation by Inga Beale, CEO of Lloyd's and Sean McGovern, Chief Risk Office & General Counsel
- Visit to the London Metal Exchange - Presentation by Robert Fig, Head of Physical Market Sale
- Breakfast presentation by Conrad Bird, Director of the GREAT Britain Campaign
- AERL - New Year Reception with Leading Economist Roger Bootle
- Visit to BAE Systems Headquarters - Presentation by Bob Keen, Head of Government Relations
- Presentation by the Financial Conduct Authority, Nicholas Herbert-Young, Communications and International Relations Dep.
- Visit to the Google Campus - TechCity
Representatives of key business and financial institutions like BNE (Business New Europe) and others, who have made an outstanding contribution to the international economic life of the capital, join us regularly at AERL meetings. Membership is free but by invitation only.